Set up Sage 100 ACH Electronic Payments
- Select Accounts Payable Setup menu > Accounts Payable Options. The Accounts Payable Options window appears.
- In Accounts Payable Options, click the ACH tab, and select the Enable ACH Electronic Payments check box.
- Use the remaining fields to define options for electronic payments.
- Click Accept.
Set Up Your Bank for ACH Electronic Payments
Obtain your banks’ requirements for how ACH files must be structured. Many banks accept the default selections in ACH Interface Maintenance, but some require you to manually modify the settings.
To set up your banks for processing ACH electronic payments
- Select Accounts Payable Setup Menu > ACH Interface Maintenance.
- In ACH Interface Maintenance, select the bank code to set up. You can also click the ACH Interface List button to list existing records.
- On the Main tab, enter the information about your bank account. Select the Pre-Note Approved check box only after the bank has approved your pre-note submission.
- Click the Records and Additional tabs to select options that determine how the ACH file is structured.
- Click Accept.
Set Up Your Vendors for ACH Electronic Payments
Gather information about your vendors’ bank accounts, including the account numbers and the routing/transit numbers.
To set up your vendors’ banks for ACH electronic payments
1. Select Accounts Payable Main menu > Vendor Maintenance.
2. Enter a vendor number, select the Electronic Payment check box, and enter a standard entry class if anything other than the standard “PPD” payment will be processed.
3. Select Electronic Payment at the drop-down arrow next to the More button. A message dialog box asks if you want to save changes. Click Yes.
4. In the Vendor Electronic Payment window, enter your vendor’s bank account number, routing/transit number, and other information. Set the Distribution Method to “% of Net” and Percent/Amount to 100%. Enter information for multiple accounts as needed.
Note The Pre-Note Sent and Pre-Note Date fields will be automatically updated when the Pre-Note Selection Register and Pre-Note Approval Register are updated.
5. Click Accept.
6. To email the Remittance Advice, click the Paperless button in the bottom right of the Vendor screen. On tab 1. Main click off the Print button and click on the E-mail button. On tab 2. E-mail set the email addresses.
7. Repeat steps 2 through 6 for additional vendors as needed.
Perform one of the following to access Pre-Note Selection Register:
8. In the Vendor Electronic Payment window, click Pre-Note Selection. This method is good if you only have 1 vendor to submit.
9. Or, Select Accounts Payable Pre-Note Printing menu > Pre-Note Selection Register.
10. Enter the date on which the pre-notes will be sent and then click Print.
11. When a message dialog box asks if you want to update the Pre-Note Selection Register, click Yes. The Pre-Note Sent field is changed to Yes and the Pre-Note Date field is updated for each bank account in the Vendor Electronic Payment window.
12. Select Accounts Payable Pre-Note Printing menu > Generate Pre-Note ACH File.
13. Make any needed selections, and then click Proceed. An ACH file is created and stored in the location defined at the ACH Electronic Payments Folder field in Accounts Payable Options.
14. Follow the instructions provided by your bank(s) to transmit the ACH file to them for pre-note approval. The approval process takes approximately 10 to 15 business days.
15. After that number of days, select Accounts Payable Pre-Note Printing menu > Pre-Note Approval Register.
16. In Pre-Note Approval Register, enter the date the pre-notes were sent and the pre-note approval date. The approval date must be at least 10 days later than the sent date.
17. Click Print. A message dialog box asks if you want to update the Pre-Note Approval Register. Click Yes. The Pre-Note Sent field is changed to Approved and the Pre-Note Date field is updated for each approved bank account in the Vendor Electronic Payment window.
18. For individual vendor update you can alternatively go into the Vendor Maintenance, Vendor Electronic Payment window and manually set the Pre-Note Sent and Pre-Note Date fields.