Q&A: Sage 100 ERP- Providing Your CPA with Copies of Data

Q: We use Sage 100 ERP (F/K/A MAS90) and our CPA needs a copy of our data files. How can we do this?

A: Your CPA should have the same or higher version of Sage 100 that your company uses. If he/she does, copying data from one Sage 100 system to another is fairly simple.

  1. Use Windows Explorer or My Computer to find the MAS_XXX folder. The XXX is the 3 number company code. Copy this file (in the example we are using company ABC).
  2. Open up another Windows Explorer window and paste the copies MAS_XXX file to an external device (ex: a CD or zip drive).
  3. Your CPA will repeat step two and copy the MAS_XXX folder into their Sage 100 folder.
  4. On the CPA’s computer, go to Company Maintenance and set-up the new company using the same three digit code. Accept and this will create a new company and the data (should) now be available.

Do you have questions about your Sage 100 ERP Software? We can help! Contact Oasis at techsupport@oasisky.com, through our website or by calling 502-429-6902.

This question was submitted to Mike Renner, Partner WAC Consulting, Owner at Computer Accounting Services and appears on Oasis Solutions Group Partner ERP VAR’s blog.

You may also like

In 2024, we’re living in the future. Pocket-sized AI and portable workspaces have shown us that finding balance at work is as ...

NetSuite, the cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, has released its 2024.1 version, packed with exciting features and enhancements to ...

Stay tuned on our ERP path!

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest news